iOS6 - How to Clear Cache of Homescreen/Standalone Web App?
I can't verify the cache being cleared properly but this worked for me :
In order to do this, you need to allow Web Inspector on your iOS device.Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Web Inspector (it has to be active)And you have to activate the developer menu on your computer's Safari.Go to Preferences > Advanced > Activate Developer menu
- Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable
- Go to safari > Developpement > Your Device name > Inspect an App (The app has to be running)
- This will open The inspector on your computer for the web app
- While the inspector is open Clear the cache (command + alt + E)
- With the inspector still open refresh the page on your computer (command + R)
Somehow the Webapp cache got cleared and i got the non-cached code.
First plug the phone into the computer then open the web app on the phone and Safari on the computer, then you can open the web inspector in Safari from the menu "Develop>Name of phone>title of app" (if you can't see the develop menu you can turn it on in Safari's preferences).
From there you can see/edit the cookies and local storage just like sites on your computer and pressing command+r while the inspector is focused will reload the app on the phone.